Product Bench-marking Lead
What Will You Do
- Recruit and manage skilled and business-savvy team responsible for analytics requests spread across A/B test readouts, ad-hoc analyses and data pulls, competitive monitoring, reporting visualizations and data validation.
- Participate in monthly/bi-weekly scrum meetings with the broader global Product organization, updating PdMs with all the competitor insights, A/B tests they are running, and the themes they are investing into, helping product teams to enhance our T&L velocity, keep track of our test backlog and run though tests based on competitor insights based on the product team’s capabilities and capacity.
- Partner with global product teams to understand HA’s test themes and provide competitor insights to enhance test velocity
- Work with other Competitor Analytics teams to do comprehensive quantitative and qualitative evaluation of competitor insights
- Ensure all work is effectively documented in our internal task-planning systems and transparent to both the broader analytical team and our internal customers
- Based on completed user stories, collaborate with cross-functional teams globally to provide ad-hoc analyses and/or design self-service data products to address customer needs
- Raise questions and concerns rapidly to avoid any potential delays related to the team’s geographic spread
- Present findings and visualize data to a wide range of stakeholders
- Be a HomeAway competitor data guru - be the point of contact for all competitor data questions and insights
Who you are: You will fit this role if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager or Team Lead of a team based in India working multi-nationally
- Consistent ability to product quality, accurate and highly detailed work products with strong documentation of requirements and sources used for easy reproducibility.
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems and communicating easily understood recommendations to teams for implementation
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to the point of being comfortable enough to mentor other analysts from other internal teams.
- Desire to work with US and EU based teams, with some acceptance of early/late hours to accommodate
Experience and Qualification: Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Manager or Team Lead of a team based in India working multi-nationally
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic, with ability to deliver results in a constantly-evolving environment
- Driven to innovate in the analytics space
- Passion for data-driven business decision making and ability to thrive in a large matrix organization
- Experience in either web/travel industry and/or consulting
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Econometrics).
- Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics and big data and visualization platforms (egs: Datameer, Google Analytics, Adwords)