Head SCM (Sr. GM / Associate VP / Asst. VP)
Roles And Responsibility
This position with our client who is one of the largest engineering conglomerates in India, plus the company is people centric employer brand.
Position Title: Head SCM & Storage
Base Location: Faridabad
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams.?
- Determine key supply chain KPIs.
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Ownership of storage inside / out side including inventory control.
- Should possess good communication skills.
- Should have a thorough Technical / Market / Competitor Knowledge.
- Should have analytical bent of mind.
- Should have a sound academic background.
- Should be open and flexible to travel / Relocate.
- Should be able to work under stress / pressure.
Diploma (Mechanical / Automobile / Agriculture)
B.E. B. Tech (Mechanical / Automobile / Agriculture)
PGDM / MBA (Marketing)
Experience: 20+ Year