Team Building, Communication, Jenkins, Team Management, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Splunk, MySQL, PL/SQL, Github
As the engineering manager, you'll directly manage the execution of the development process as well as provide needed career coaching. You’ll be at the forefront of building a localized experience for the two-sided marketplace at HomeAway (Traveler and Partner Experience), building a product with a look and feel that is local to their (Traveler/Owner) own countries. The team prides themselves on having high energy and being very collaborative while learning with an Agile mindset. You are an excellent communicator who plays a strategic role by building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines, and budgets. You will flex your project management skills to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
If you have a passion for localization - come and join us.
- 50% Hands on keyboard development time expected to keep your skills sharp and be able to “Walk ing the walk” with your engineers.
- Use real-time data to understand customers' needs before they do.
- Present to our leadership teams on solutions and new ideas
- Work with technology leadership, architects, and engineering partners to deliver next-generation software platforms
- Make bold decisions with your team to influence a new industry
- Commit to build the best team possible vigilantly
- Take full ownership of success and failures
- Coach your team to be highly effective in an agile environment
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- 9+ years in a software engineering role
- Team Builder. Enthusiastic mentor and builder of talent on your team. You are a keen judge of talent and a strong recruiter.
- Technical. You're fluent in design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You're familiar with micro-services and different service-oriented architecture patterns.
- High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by millions of people. You love building services that are robust, scalable, and performant. You take pride in your accomplishments but also aim to do better each day continuously.
- Data Engineer. You have a strong understanding of data stores, data manipulation and exposure to machine learning concepts. Experience working with the following would be useful: SQL (MySQL, Postgres) NOSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic-cache)
- Quality Mindset. You possess strong experience with automation testing, unit tests, and a quality first mindset. You have worked in a fully automated CI/CD environment
- Keen Eye. You are an expert at cutting through the noise to solve problems and debug complex functional and performance related issues
- Strong Communicator. You are great at summarizing complex technical issues, into clear and succinct communications (written, verbal, presentation, etc.). You anticipate the needs of partners and are dedicated to sharing information
- Architect. You have designed highly scalable services. You enjoy lively design and
architecture discussions and contribute to the long-term architecture roadmaps
- Cloud Infrastructure. You have a strong working knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- DevOps. You take full ownership of the services and platforms you build. This includes CI/CD release processes, performance testing, configuration management and cloud infrastructure management. This includes tools such as: Jenkins, Docker containers, Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog