Distributed Energy Management Segment Leader
Your Main Duties
- Track market trends across all sub segments, identify technology implications and work cross functionally with Eaton BUs to help steer Eaton's product and technology development roadmaps.
- Develop & adjust segment and sub-segment strategies (Utility, microgrid, Energy Storage, Renewable)
- Lead Play to Win workshops in targeted countries to have them driving locally the DEM strategy.
- Identify and support development of key business partners and alliances that help to enhance Eaton's ability to execute, such as aggregators, traders and finance provides to provide a full system offering. Make sure that the capabilities of those partners is completely integrated in the cash flows and value props of the proposals we give customers
- Working closely with Sales and Services in both direct sales and channel, evolve Eaton's go-to-market strategies across the segment and the key sub-segments. Support target countries to develop the relevant sales growth ecosystem and ensure opportunity pipeline growth.
- Lead and manage content creation such as value propositions, customer success stories, partner references that communicate Eaton's business value messaging.
- Understand the competitive environment and help to evolve Eaton's competitiveness in both existing and emerging market opportunities such as Microgrid, Electric Vehicle storage.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the market to a sub segment level. Engage with External and Internal stakeholders including relevant industry bodies to represent Eaton as an active participant and trusted brand. Position Eaton as a market leader. Develop and execute thought leadership plans.
- Work with the BU and Sales leadership to understand challenges and act as trusted advisor.
- Working closely with the sales enablement team create content and deliver knowledge to support the field in sales and channel.
- Work closely with the Segment and Country sales organisations to support business development in target customers and partners.
- Work closely with the segment Marcom lead to provide direction on market development activities
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and Spokesperson.
- Gather Insight, Process into messaging and communicate both formally and reactively to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive a sub-segment growth strategy in the Distributed Energy Management market.
- Drive segment marketing and communication activities with the segment Marcom leader that result in demand generation. Initiatives such as:
- Support key industry events being a primary spokeperson.
- Participate in thought leadership activities
- Develop an integrated segment communication plan that identifies and engages the business broadly
- Drive Business Development plans to push EMEA sales & channel organization to grow profitable sales
- Drive Segment Sales plan down through country marketing and into relevant emerging markets
- Help Eaton respond quickly to environmental and market changes
- Support funnel growth
What we are looking for:
- University Degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Business Administration: Electrical Engineering are a benefit.
- 10 years+ of experience in companies within the scope of the energy management market.
- 5 years+ of experience in marketing/strategy
- Great communicator with listening ability and proficient with digital communication channels.
- Ability to translate and articulate complex technology solutions as clearer business propositions.
- Ability to handle multiple and different complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a international and matrix environment, building and leading virtual teams.
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Must be strongly customer-oriented