The Job Role and Responsibilities
An agency sales manager's job role and responsibilities would include
- Planning and target setting for the agent sales team
- Formulating sales strategies for different products and achieving targets
- Recruitment and management of agency channel team members
- Training, motivating and development of team members
Competencies and Skills Required
Primary job responsibilities of an agency sales manager are sales target achievement and effective team management. The manager is expected to demonstrate excellent salesmanship and team leadership. Some qualities that potential recruiters look for in candidates are:
- Sales acumen - The candidate should have practical intelligence and ability to handle different sales related situations
- Result Orientation- The candidate should be performance oriented and should give due importance to goal setting, performing and achieving.
- Interpersonal Skills- A good sales manager must have excellent interpersonal skills and should be approachable for his team members
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment- Insurance sales are target driven and an agency sales manager must be able to thrive under stress and help his team cope with it too
- Ability to Multitask - The candidate must be able to prioritize and handle multiple work responsibilities simultaneously
- Industry Knowledge - Candidate needs to be well versed with product knowledge and industry trends in order to do consultative selling.