Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management . Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between the company and the customer, between the company and subcontractors/vendors, or among various company internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. The company Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery. Employees using this job family should be working in Applications Management not ITO or hardware support.
- Technical Knowledge: Apply advanced technical and business knowledge (e.g. SAP, Java, .NET) to solve application issues that are critical or high-risk. Independently integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Incident Management: Resolve single- and cross technology/application incidents independently. Document known errors and work arounds Works with team members, delivery centers, and other company organizations to resolve unusually complex or cross-technology incidents.
- Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations via established processes.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
- Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer needs. May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
- Configuration Management: Oversee configuration management processes, resolve issues, and implement processes to improve efficiencies.
- Solution Design: Apply the company solutions to meet highly complex customer needs. The solution may include service delivery models for new services.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-providedproducts/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end users' areas, including transformation.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer. Provides training to end users on applications in area of responsibility. Understands and manages to contract scope.
- Teamwork: Work as part of a global, and/or multi-functional team. Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area. Seen as a resource and may mentor less experienced team members within the team in one or more technical- /operational policies/standards or business areas. Is a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
- Contract Knowledge: Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of contract obligations across business area. Provides guidance to others to meet contract obligations.
- Mentor less-experienced team members on all areas of Applications Management work.
- Capacity and Performance Ensures that the Capacity Management process and working practices are effective and efficient. Evaluates the impact of proposed changes on the capacity design and plan.
- Business Continuity Responsible for activities involving damage assessment, co- ordination with other recoveryteams, deciding on recovery steps to take, maintaining records, and providing recovery status reports.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field.
- May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge And Skills
Typical skills include:
- (strong) understanding of applications technology in direct responsibility.
- ITIL Intermediate level Certified.
- Knowledge of ISO20000.
- (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas.
- General understanding of related technologies.
- (strong) Customer Service General Project Management.
- (developing) Influencing Others.
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management.
- (developing) Business Analysis.
- (developing) General Financial Management.
- Strong communications skills; good presentation skills.
- Client-facing interpersonal skills. Able to lead Applications Management delivery.