1) Counsel students regarding educational issues such as course and program selection, class scheduling, institute adjustment, truancy, study habits, and career planning.
2) Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
3) Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
4) Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, other counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral, academic, and other problems.
5) Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur.