Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NoSQL databases, Life Cycle
Software Development Engineer II
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, robust and reliable server applications that support key Expedia initiatives.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Provide code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object oriented programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other talented developers both local and in various other Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards.
- Support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- Serve as a technical leader within the organization.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with a track record of shipping large, cross-functional projects in a high performance, scalable global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java, Springboot and its associated technology stacks.
- Experience building web services in the cloud, particularly with AWS solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's travel platform, with the power to bring the world within reach for millions of people. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business. Our travelers, our teams and our partners are our priority because we recognize the importance of what we do. Travel makes people be
Industry Travel Tourism,Hospitality, Leisure and Travel
No. of Employees
LocationBellevue Place, Austin, TX, USA