Software Development, JSON, XML, Angular JS, Junit, HTML5/CSS3, Amazon EC2, NodeJS
Software Dev Engineer II
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, self-starter and fast-growing potential individual to be part of a growing team of technologists. You are well versed with SDLC and Agile methodologies. You have at least 5 years of experience in software development and troubleshooting. An independent thinker, who works around problems and who isn’t shy of trying new technologies. You have validated experience of working in parallel technologies apart from your core technology area (Java). Prior experience in working harmoniously with cross-geography team will be an added advantage. You should be equally appropriate in development, test, debugging roles and be ready to wear many hats. This team values “fail-fast” learners and technology enthusiasts who view learning new technology as a fun experience.
What You Will Do
- Lead architecture and development of complex projects while following best design, coding and quality practices.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools based on an understanding of business requirements.
- Contribute to adoption of cloud & cloud-based technologies and good design practices, while finding opportunities to simplify and scale
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Own and deliver assigned sprint tasks and help drive the team forward.
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
Who you are: You’ll fit this role if you have:
- BE/BTech/BS/MS/MCA in Computer Science or related technical discipline with 5-7 years’ experience.
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g Git or others
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Efficient in verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Strong experience with
- Java, XML, JSON, JUnit
- RESTful Micro Services
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- Solid experience with AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks. Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Significant experience in HTML / CSS and Solid experience with SQL databases and NoSQL solutions
Why Join Us
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer.
- We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's travel platform, with the power to bring the world within reach for millions of people. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business. Our travelers, our teams and our partners are our priority because we recognize the importance of what we do. Travel makes people be