Team Building, Employee Training, Team Leadership, Training, Talent acquisition
Product Bench-marking Lead
What Will You Do
- Recruit and manage skilled and business-savvy team responsible for analytics requests spread across A/B test readouts, ad-hoc analyses and data pulls, competitive monitoring, reporting visualizations and data validation.
- Participate in monthly/bi-weekly scrum meetings with the broader global Product organization, updating PdMs with all the competitor insights, A/B tests they are running, and the themes they are investing into, helping product teams to enhance our T&L velocity, keep track of our test backlog and run though tests based on competitor insights based on the product team’s capabilities and capacity.
- Partner with global product teams to understand HA’s test themes and provide competitor insights to enhance test velocity
- Work with other Competitor Analytics teams to do comprehensive quantitative and qualitative evaluation of competitor insights
- Ensure all work is effectively documented in our internal task-planning systems and transparent to both the broader analytical team and our internal customers
- Based on completed user stories, collaborate with cross-functional teams globally to provide ad-hoc analyses and/or design self-service data products to address customer needs
- Raise questions and concerns rapidly to avoid any potential delays related to the team’s geographic spread
- Present findings and visualize data to a wide range of stakeholders
- Be a HomeAway competitor data guru - be the point of contact for all competitor data questions and insights
Who you are: You will fit this role if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager or Team Lead of a team based in India working multi-nationally
- Consistent ability to product quality, accurate and highly detailed work products with strong documentation of requirements and sources used for easy reproducibility.
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems and communicating easily understood recommendations to teams for implementation
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data to the point of being comfortable enough to mentor other analysts from other internal teams.
- Desire to work with US and EU based teams, with some acceptance of early/late hours to accommodate
Experience and Qualification: Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Manager or Team Lead of a team based in India working multi-nationally
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic, with ability to deliver results in a constantly-evolving environment
- Driven to innovate in the analytics space
- Passion for data-driven business decision making and ability to thrive in a large matrix organization
- Experience in either web/travel industry and/or consulting
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Econometrics).
- Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics and big data and visualization platforms (egs: Datameer, Google Analytics, Adwords)
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's travel platform, with the power to bring the world within reach for millions of people. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business. Our travelers, our teams and our partners are our priority because we recognize the importance of what we do. Travel makes people be