Project Management, Project Planning
Transition Consultant V
Is responsible for the Management of the resources responsible for the Design and architecture and selling of the Transition/Transformation plans as part of the Pursuit phase (Sales support, contract negotiation, Due Diligence activities and Transition/Transformation planning). Is also accountable for the successful Transition of the operational responsibility for the IT services in scope from the Customer to the company plus the successful Transformation of the customer’s transitioned environment using the designed solution to significantly improve service levels and reduce the company’s ongoing operating costs.
- Establishing and ensuring that appropriate TTM processes are used/followed (such as reporting, risk management, lessons learned, quality, escalating, communications etc.) as listed in the SOW.
- Managing the Transition program for all company functions (MS, HR, Procurement etc) and co-ordinates all the PMO internal and external project activities.
- Leading the overall Transition/Transformation team during Pursuit and/or Transition/Transformation phases of the deal.
- Manage/support Transition.
- Managers in execution of Transition (project) activities.
- Selecting and assigning Project Managers to head each aspect of Transition/Transformation including: Technical Towers, HR, Finance and administration, Assets, 3rd party contracts, Governance, etc..
- Assisting in acquiring staff and material resources for the Transition/Transformation programs and associated projects.
- Ensuring that all Transition/Transformation Project Plans are consistent, congruent, and integrate with the overall Deal Project Plan and customer Transition/Transformation plans.
- Lead and manage the execution of the Project Plans.
- Financial management for Transition/ Transformation activities, including setting budgets, approving forecasts. NOTE - budgets are set by the OSC and OC - TM collects cost data from Tower Leads.
- Accountable for rebaselining the T1/T2 budget post 90 day review period OR rebaselining the cost and budget data and assessing impact on ASPIRE/Plan Of Record together with the then Finance representative, Client Manager and Account Delivery Manager to assure delivering to the company's financial commitments.
- Supporting the Project Managers of Transition/ Transformation projects in developing each project's scope of work, estimates, schedule and risk.
- Accountable for leading internal breakthrough improvement programmes that strategically evolve the maturity of the methodology within Strategic Outsourcing. Is seen as an authority and leader in all aspects of transitiontransformation activities.
- Be a Coach and Mentor.
Education And Experience Required
- 10+ years managing IT/ Transition implementation projects.
- 10+ years industry experience.
- 15+ years Project Management Experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Required.
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree. (Preferred fields include Business, Computer Science, IT/ IS, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience)).
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, serving nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients from a diverse array of industries across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network help clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change and guide their digital transformation journeys.