Product Development, Information Technology, Sales Manager
Distributed Energy Management Segment Leader
Your Main Duties
- Track market trends across all sub segments, identify technology implications and work cross functionally with Eaton BUs to help steer Eaton's product and technology development roadmaps.
- Develop & adjust segment and sub-segment strategies (Utility, microgrid, Energy Storage, Renewable)
- Lead Play to Win workshops in targeted countries to have them driving locally the DEM strategy.
- Identify and support development of key business partners and alliances that help to enhance Eaton's ability to execute, such as aggregators, traders and finance provides to provide a full system offering. Make sure that the capabilities of those partners is completely integrated in the cash flows and value props of the proposals we give customers
- Working closely with Sales and Services in both direct sales and channel, evolve Eaton's go-to-market strategies across the segment and the key sub-segments. Support target countries to develop the relevant sales growth ecosystem and ensure opportunity pipeline growth.
- Lead and manage content creation such as value propositions, customer success stories, partner references that communicate Eaton's business value messaging.
- Understand the competitive environment and help to evolve Eaton's competitiveness in both existing and emerging market opportunities such as Microgrid, Electric Vehicle storage.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the market to a sub segment level. Engage with External and Internal stakeholders including relevant industry bodies to represent Eaton as an active participant and trusted brand. Position Eaton as a market leader. Develop and execute thought leadership plans.
- Work with the BU and Sales leadership to understand challenges and act as trusted advisor.
- Working closely with the sales enablement team create content and deliver knowledge to support the field in sales and channel.
- Work closely with the Segment and Country sales organisations to support business development in target customers and partners.
- Work closely with the segment Marcom lead to provide direction on market development activities
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and Spokesperson.
- Gather Insight, Process into messaging and communicate both formally and reactively to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive a sub-segment growth strategy in the Distributed Energy Management market.
- Drive segment marketing and communication activities with the segment Marcom leader that result in demand generation. Initiatives such as:
- Support key industry events being a primary spokeperson.
- Participate in thought leadership activities
- Develop an integrated segment communication plan that identifies and engages the business broadly
- Drive Business Development plans to push EMEA sales & channel organization to grow profitable sales
- Drive Segment Sales plan down through country marketing and into relevant emerging markets
- Help Eaton respond quickly to environmental and market changes
- Support funnel growth
What we are looking for:
- University Degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Business Administration: Electrical Engineering are a benefit.
- 10 years+ of experience in companies within the scope of the energy management market.
- 5 years+ of experience in marketing/strategy
- Great communicator with listening ability and proficient with digital communication channels.
- Ability to translate and articulate complex technology solutions as clearer business propositions.
- Ability to handle multiple and different complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a international and matrix environment, building and leading virtual teams.
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Must be strongly customer-oriented
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in